5.31.2009

4307

"Why was I feeling like a fraud all of a sudden? I’ve actually had an epiphany with regards to what I want to do and where I want to go with racing and riding bikes in general. I guess what has happened is that although I’ve had a taste of the sharp end of elite cross-country racing, and taken it all relatively seriously, I still don’t feel like I fall into that world-class bracket. I’m just another keen cyclist...But, all the same, I share the love as
much as the next person."
- Anja McDonald (pro mtn. bike racer) from theridejournal pg. 18

This type of thing is what motivates me not to try. You go pro, and then what? All you've gained is security - you wake up and say to yourself, 'I am one of the best in the world.' This is what I'm talking about here applied to biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment